This is my first WIP post - it is hard for me to do this as I work long hrs during the week and am exhausted when I get home - but for some reason I am up extra early this morning and am posting - I will try to do better.
Here is what I am posting today...
Spriograph Journal - I am using my circular emboridery attachement and decorative stitches from my Bernina 180 to do a stitch menu - journal for a class I am teaching at the end of the month. As you can see by the reverse I am having alittle tension issue with my machine - I think it will be going to see the dr this weekend. This piece needs to be completed by Saturday morning...
Thread Painted Tuplips -
A UFO that was the result of a class taken last Jan - I am still debating on how to thread paint the vase and the lower background. I like this piece very much but the geometric of the vase and the stripe in the lower backgroud have me stumped - I don't want to ruin it but can't complete until I have the vision - this piece is part of a UFO challenge my small group is doing this year - any suggestions?Shattered Circles -
Insprired by a lecture that Larkin Van Horn did at my guild Nov 2005 - I love this technique and have done some postcards - this piece is quilted and bound but needs embellishement - it has been on my design wall since last June - any words of inspiration from you embellishers out there in the group. This piece is also part of the UFO challenge with my small group.
Post Card Deadlines -
Two are looming - and the inspriation pieces are in the photo belowThe first is something on mountains - and I will be trying this pieced landscape technique by Maggie Castle Wing featured in the Sept '06 issue of Quilters Newsletter Magazine - check out pg 42 if you have the issue. Swap Due 1.28.07
The second is a corset swap inspired by the Oh La La Quilt featured in the Feb '07 issue of MaCall's Quilting - our list mom received permission for us to use their pattern for the swap as long as participants have the magazine. The reduced version of the pattern to postcard size is shown in the picture. Check out pg 80 if you have the magazine. Swap due 2.1.07
January 03, 2007
WIP Wed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You have some amazing projects in process. I especially love the colors in the journal page. I hope your thread tension issues get fixed soon.
I like the tulip picture the way it is. Can you leave the vase and add some nice quilting and be done?
It's a lovely picture, the vase looks great as it is, I would think that it requires very little quilting..
Wow...you've been busy!
If you 'have to' thread paint on the tulips vase and background, why not follow the designs already there and just cover or accentuate? I love how it looks too!
Why do you think the Shattered Circles need embellishment? I think it looks terrific just the way it is.
I have the same problem about posting on Wednesdays as you...I posted mine this week on Tuesday night..figured that was 'close enough'!
that was me...
suze (http://caricol.blogspot.com)
Wow, that's a lot of projects! they all look like fun to me. Don't beat yourself up about posting - I get it in there whenever - I work too. Wouldn't it be nice if they'd send the check and let you stay home and play? :)
Your work is stunning
Post a Comment