- The first thing I did was paint some Tyvek - I just used whatever paint I have with some extender - and used some fabric inks as well for an allover abstract design. Let it dry and turned the heat gun on it - the outcome is less than desirable - more experimenting needed on this technique to conquer the challenges.
- The second thing I did was attempt fabric beads - as inspired by the book - Creative Embellishments: For Paper, Jewelry and Fabric, by Sherrill Kahn. I LOVE this book and am on a mission to try everyone of her ideas here. So the fabric bead experiment went alittle better - My first attempt was iffy as I wrapped the page protector in conjunction with the fabric trimmings, yarn, angelina, etc - it was difficult to control. The second attempt however was much more successful as I wrapped the fabric and fibers and then wrapped the page protector over it - once it was done I hit it with the heat gun - wrapped some variegated pearl cotton around it and then modge podge'd it. - now to figure out what to do with them
- My third 'trial' of the day was with Angelina and Crystalina fibers - I tried to combine yarns and sequins in a grid pattern - based on some wall art I saw at a hotel in California, and then I tried to shape the fibers over a rubber stamp for an embossed effect - neither were successful in my opinion - so again more experimentation needed here.
In the afternoon I worked on an entry for the Tiny Treasures Challenged - hosted by Quilt Country in conjunction with the local Shop Hop this September. My entry is called "Eye Candy". I completed it this morning - the contest requires 3 different embellishements. I am pleased with the outcome.
I was asked by the Membership VP of my guild to make some creative greeter badges to be used at guide meetings to welcome visitors and potential new members- here they are - they are 4x4" pins made on a base of fast2fuse from scraps I had from other projects. The fabric provided the inspiration for the background quilting - fun yarn and letters "WELCOME" were added to complete. They were fun to make as there were no rules - just create something...
2 comments:
What a fun day! I love Eye Candy and the welcome badges are a fantastic idea.
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment