April 27, 2008

Sunday Night Blog

Just a couple pictures of pics of things I have been working on this week. I have been a little overwhelmed recently with projects for the classes I am teaching - although I love inspiring my students - the preparing is causing me a lot of anxiety which is leading to a creative block - I feel so much pressure to have my samples done for class I don't find time to do things for me - but this weekend I did!!! - First I finished the top for the mystery quilt for FQG - I will add the borders this week and will quilt it next Sunday on the long arm rental machines @ Quilt Country. I will post the picture when it's done...
A little mini quilt swap has been calling me from my on-line group FAT. It's for a 5x7 mini quilt and the theme is "Glimpse from the Window". This is my kitty Shadow looking out the kitchen window into the world - and the view I often see as I round the corner coming home at night - she loves to sit and watch the world outside the window. It was fun to make - I actually made 2 - one for me to keep and one to send off to my trade partner.

Second I finished my little Japanese doll. The local fiber art group I belong to DAFA - had a pre-meeting workshop on Omiyage. One of our talented members -VET - led the workshop and provided kits to make these delightful little dolls. We worked on the dolls in the workshop - and I finished mine up this weekend -- well almost - I think she needs a face, but I am not sure yet - I guess I will just look at her awhile to decide. She is sewn completely by had - but I did cheat a little on the pillow and stitched the 2 main seams by machine and then hand finished it with a decorative blanket stitch.


1 comment:

morningDove said...

this little doll is adorable.