I was on vacation last week w DH and my parents in Bull Shoals Arkansas - a great little get-away. While there I made some Dottee Dolls for a trade on FAT. I call them my cha cha dottees because I think the frilly stuff on the sides - makes them look like cha cha dancers...
This morning I finished my class sample for my 'Art Quilt Workshop Class' that I teach monthly. There is no class in July, so I am ahead for once... In August the class will feature the book Fusing Fun - by Laura Wasilowski
I started by making 4 small leaf quilts - finished size is 5"x5". Each is rough cut from fabric w fusible on the back and then machine stitched in place. The backgrounds are echo quilted.
Then I took an artists framed canvas and covered it with fabric. Once the glue was dry - I hand stitched the 4 little quilts to the canvas with a running stitch. I love the finished piece and the finishing technique - I always struggle with how to hang my art quilts and this seems to be a great solution.
The back.... (before the label)
1 comment:
these are great pieces. I love the color.
Post a Comment