These are my Fall Forest Button Fairies - I choose brown and orange buttons from my button stash along with beads and brass trinkets that coordinated and put the bodies together while DH and I were on VACATION in Destin a couple weeks ago.. Then I made faces out of polymer clay with a mold and added a little paint for attitude. The wings are silk leaves and the hangers are an old beaded heart pick I had had in my resource center.. Funky yarn was used for the hair. I think they came out OK even tho I had a struggle with the faces - the clay faces were plan B but they saved the day...
Each year my guild does a 'secret sister exchange'. This year it's called Twisted Sister and the gal in charge has done a great job of putting a new twist on this old favorite guild activity... We will trade 4X per year - and each trade is related to the season we trade in - i.e. AUTUMN, WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER - for each trade we are to give our twisted sister something relating to each letter in the word of the season... Our first trade is at the OCTOBER meeting and I put my 'gift' together yesterday for my sister - Here is the picture... I wrapped it all up in a cello bag and tied it up with fall colored ribbons...
A - An Autumn Color FQ
U - A Utility Item
T - Thread
U - User Friendly Tool
M - Miniture Quilt Pattern
N - Needles
To finish my gift - I made a leaf bag tie on - just background quitled a rectangle of fabric and thread painted a silk leaf in place - added the gromment to make it easy to tie on the package. I think it looks pretty good.... They say give something you would like to receive in return - I would be happy with this little bag of goodies...
Here is a closeup of the leaf tie on...
PS - I am not happy w my camera right now - I have had it for several years and for some reason all of a sudden the pictures are hit n miss - some come out crystal clear and other seem blurry to me all from the same setting - UGH - I may just have to breakdown and get a new one...
3 comments:
Love the autumn fairies...and I would LOVE to receive a lovely gift bag like the one you made for your twisted sister! Do you think she reads your blog?
I like those little autumn faeries - what a nice idea. I use polymer clay faces a lot, but never thought of using them that way.
Very creative things here. I'm looking at blogs I haven't read for a while, and enjoyed yours.
My camera seems to have the same problem. I wonder if they wear out? I've never heard that, but maybe so. Or else it's some mysterious electronic thing...
Post a Comment