I am a lucky girl - an old friend of the family had a treadle sewing machine that they did not want any more - they offered it to my aunt who mentioned it to my parents - who knew I would be thrilled to have another sewing machine in my collection - this makes 8....
When it arrived in Dayton from somewhere near Cleveland - it looked like this...
My dad took it all apart - and striped of 4 different layers of paint to get down to the original wood - and did some minor repairs on the cabinet... (it is from 1921) and refinished to what we think is close to original color based on photo's we found on the Internet... It's beautiful!!! and sitting in my living room right now here in Texas...
I am a lucky girl to have been given this treasure and double lucky that my daddy is so talented to be able to do work like this and willing to take on such projects.
1 comment:
Inded you are! I have an electric one. My brother bought it years ago for himself. he fixed the machine and refinished the cabinet. He even made a boat cover on it. Then he got divorced and moved somewhere it would not fit. I think he's forgotten that I'm storing it for him and I'm not about tremind him!
Post a Comment