The International Fiber Collaborative - put out a call to fiber artists for leaves for their tree project . I had one leaf left from my FAT trade so I was ready to go -but I asked members of my local fiber arts group to participate as well - My leaf is the first one - you can read about it here. The other 2 are from group members Karen and Jo. Karen's leaf is Paper stitched on Linen and is her first ever sewing experience. Jo has been working thru her black n white stash and I love they way the yellow pops on her leaf. There is still time to participate if you are interested - the deadline is March 15th.
More Cast Off Collages
Collage #4: Trees – This collage was inspired by the protective seal from a bottle of wine – the tree on the end was too cool to toss. So I scoured the newspaper for words and images that related to trees. The background of the tree shape was actually a light bulb image – but to me it looked like a tree. I doodled leaves on the painted background with a marker and added tree images with a rubber stamp. It’s not my favorite collage, but it’s alright.
Collage #5: Purple Dreams – When I painted the background a drop of water hit this one – unplanned but the shape was interesting so I did not ‘fix’ it. This collage is inspired by Native American Indian Dream Catchers. I added doodles to my water shape with a marker and then added a scrap of ribbon from my niece’s birthday gift – to hold the dreams in place. I used some yarn scraps on the raw edges of the ribbon – which picked up some thread strays in my ‘trash’ box… The circles are from a set of alphabet rubber stamps – actually the letter O – but more of a geometric element here. Oh and if you look closely there is a little bead dangle in the top left hand corner of the ribbon - had to do something with the wire poking out....
No comments:
Post a Comment