Here's my mini quilt for an upcoming FAT trade - a gal in the group recently spent some time in South America - and took lots of wonderful pictures - for the trade we were to pick a picture to reinterpret or be inspired by... Here's the link to Gabriela's Blog with the inspiration photos....
So here's a run down on the techniques I used...
The background was created using my trash collage technique - where i take several different fabrics in similar color story and collage them together to make one piece of fabric. Then I thread painted a leafy design and filled in the open spaces with a pebble stitch. I choose a variegated green thread for this - which helps to blend the collaged fabric even more - giving it a consistent factor.
for the blooms I fused strips of fabric together and cut the bud shapes - then fused the buds in place. Next I twisted and wrapped yarns and embroidery floss together and couched it down the center of the buds.
The buds are echo stitched in place with a shiny orange thread. The final touch is hand beading in the center of each bud.
Quick and Fun - and big thanks to Gabriela for sharing her vacation with us and inspiring Fiber ART.

No comments:
Post a Comment