Ruby Dancer
Dance through life with your head held high
The wind in your wings will help your spirit fly
The wind in your wings will help your spirit fly
Only look down if your feet touch the ground
Dancing is easy if your feet are not bound
The sun will add sparkle as you make your way
Enjoy what you get each and every day
Dancing is easy if your feet are not bound
The sun will add sparkle as you make your way
Enjoy what you get each and every day
My name is Ruby - a creative muse
Don't loose the spirit whatever you do
Don't loose the spirit whatever you do
I belong to DAFA - and one of the members did a 1x1x1 challenge on her blog - Ruby was inspired by this challenge... So here are the techniques I used on Ruby - Trash collage background of reds in a similar hue. Free Motion Quilted in a whimsical floral design inspired by the print on a piece of paper from a panty liner. Couched with rescused yarn from my job years ago. Ruby is fused on red felt and then stitched in place. She's dancing on a bed of rescued red sari I picked up at the Dallas Quilt Show this year. I cut the top edge with my wave ruler - just for fun. Subtle bead and sequin embellishments - and a rusted red heart complete the piece.
I really like Ruby - she may have some sisters in the near future....
1 comment:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking on my challenge! Ruby is lovely - April
Post a Comment