
FAT - is hosting a swap for Fabric ATC's using found objects.... Well this is right up my alley... I love using things that others would pitch in the trash and making something unexpected from them... When this swap popped up on the Yahoo Group earlier this week I went thru the trash bucket in my studio and pulled out these wonderful plastic remnants from button faries -I pulled the leaves off some silk poinsettia for the wings on my fairies and tossed them (shame on me) when I started pulling things out to make the ATC's for this swap the little plastic star shapes caught my eye and whispered flowers... I found a fun and funky batik for the background - did a quick stipple quilt and couched some rescued yarn ( the batting and backing are leftovers from a recent quilt back) and then added the plastic stems with a zig zag stitch... The button centers and yarn are also rescued from boxes of things that were going in the trash @ my previous job @ County Seat Stores.. These little qulities are fun and hopefully will delight my swap partners - too bad I have to wait until March to swap... but I am glad I have them done..
1 comment:
your stitching looks great, love all the trash-2-treasures you used. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment