January 01, 2006

The Beginning - JQC 2006 Trees

This morning I am going to work on my first journal quilt for the challenge. My topic is trees and I have decided to use some tree poems in my work as well. Of course I will publish the author when known... I have always loved trees and it makes me cry when I see beautiful trees destroyed for "progress" in new housing areas or business developments. When I saw the journal quilts in Houston in Nov 2005 I decided then that I wanted to do a journal quilt study on trees to express my feelings and to teach myself some new techniques - especially thread painting. So my journey starts today... Now to decide which poem to start with and on from there...

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

You might want to go over to Pat's Personal Place & look at the tree page she has started. She's in the webring.

I'm going to activate your membership! Looks good!