January 07, 2006

JQC Thoughts

I work lots of hours and by the time I get home I am exhausted so you will see my posting happens mostly on weekends... Thank-you everyone for your nice comments on my journal quilt - I have had found new inspiration this week for furture journals thru reading your blogs and just driving to work - the layered raw edge technique intriques me and then as I drive to work and the sun is coming up there is this wonderful tree silhouette thing going on... hmmmm just how to I interpret that in a journal quilt??? The wheels are in motion for the next piece in Feb - but that is a few weeks away...
Sharing some more postcard photo's of things I made over the holidays... Today I get to sew again - Happy Saturday

Proto Type for my upcoming 'Ice' Post Card Swap - Not sure this is what I will actually do for this swap - but may use the technique in a future journal quilt...Post Card to my Uncle for his BD Jan 2nd.

Playing with my 2" charm stash - and machine embellishementCrazy Quilt Type PC - love the numbers in color from the selvage of the fabric - I may never throw away a fabric scrap of any size again... And I LOVE my variegated threads...

Inspired by the purple batik scrap - this turned out nice I think. But then purple is my favorite color so I would be alittle partial to it...

2 comments:

Suze said...

Wow...I like them all!

I love that tree silhouette thing too in the early morning...I love it when the background is rosy According to the old rhyme:
Red sky in the morning,
Sailor take warning,
Red sky at night,
Sailor's delight...
thats supposed to mean the day will be stormy, but no matter, I still particularly like how it looks!

Sandra said...

I also love the colorful selvage edges on fabric. I was doing small watercolor quilts for a while and did one using all the ones I saved in one small quilt. It was quite fun. Maybe the fabric designers know how we are and so they make them colorful and fun on purpose!