April 14, 2006

In my free time

I have been making more postcards in my free time - so here they are for all to see....
Shaker St. Patricks Day card - collected the shaker stuff on a business trip to NYC and had a blast putting them together. Here is a quote from the email my neice sent when this card arrived at my sister's house... "oh yeh forgot to say thankyou for your postcard from st.patricks day.My favorite part is the fuz hanging on the edge.Whats yours!I like st.patricksday because of the tap dancing.Whats your favrite part about st.patricks day!I also like the confetti.
(:Kelli:)" she is 7..
Made from scraps a friend was throwing away - add some fun yarn for texture... She got a similar one for her birthday


Lasso was really fun to make - just 3 pieces of fabric one focal - 2 coordinating... and a piece of jute twine zig zagged in place... Added some decorative stitching and it was done...
left oovers from a swap "cream, gold and brown". I decided to do a crazy quilt them and added fun yarn for texture...
An now - Introducing my wildflowers series... Also made from my trash bowl I keep on my sewing machine table... Collected from other projects or scraps of fabric my friends did not see use for. I started by laying out scrappy batik pieced backgrounds and them added the flowers to them... These were soooo much fun to make I make make a set of journal quilts from them or even wall hanging sized quilts. Who knows they might even become patterns some day if I get the nerve up.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hmm! Trash bowl for scraps to use for postcards....great idea! Your cards look great and what fun to just crank some small pieces out and be done.