
My May Journal has been a WIP for quite some time now - it started as an idea as I was driving back and forth to work during the winter months and kept seeing these wonderful tree silhouettes in the dark sky lines. Then in April I doodled a sketch during a conference call late one night at work and even wrote a poem for my May piece as well. This I am proud of... I think it tells the story of the night-time tree very well... As for my May journal quilt - It is just OK to me - I actually think it looks better in the photo than in real life. I need to put it away for a couple days and hopefully I will feel better about it. They are all beginning to look the same to me - but I know they are not - each is an individual creation just like the trees we have around us every day.
I found the inspiration for my June piece shopping in a high end specialty store in the mall yesterday - so my mind is working through the details on that piece already - now to see if I can write another poem to tell it's story...
8 comments:
I love the multi-textured dark sky. It swirls like a starry night. It might not be your favorite but it works and is a lovely expression of what you saw and wrote your poem about.
And you're already on to June! I have barely started May's yet...
I too esp. love the sky, and the way you quilted stars into it! This has that feel of the night lit up by starlight...hard to capture that! You should be very pleased with this....!
I like your pieced sky with the various shades and patterns of blue. It reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night. I also like the light stitching on the edge of the tree to round it out and do I see beads on the horizon or stitches? It's a great expression of your original idea.
I agree with everyone else: your sky is terrific--wonderful textures and colors.
This is very nice. I especially like the quilting in the sky; the sqiggles and stars, how fun!
I love the skeletal shapes & textures of trees too. Yours is wonderful, as is the pieced background (way more interesting than a solid piece) & the sparkles from the beads adds a very sweet touch. The poem completes it as a work of ART!
Another great tree! I think it's brave to explore one subject over and over again, and they surely are not the same to me. The poems add an extra dimension, you're dad must be glad to have sparked that unexpected 'source' in you (sorry, don't know the right word in english).
Pam, I love your tree! Before I even read your write-up I thought,"That looks like a tree at night with lights shining on it..." The "light" stitching on the side of the tree just really makes it night-time for me...and of course the sky is wonderful! The stitching is perfect for a night sky. Wonderful!
Post a Comment