I now know why my original plans for my April Journal were scrapped when I found the insurance ad that threw me off track - It called and I love the outcome. So that moved my April idea into the May arena. I had to stay at work late to night for a video conference call with suppliers in our HK office - really just an observer in the call - I found myself doodling trees... and the thumbnail sketch appeared on my paper that will be the start of my May journal. I have been playing with the idea of tree silhouettes since the start of the JQC - but never followed through on the idea... My parents visited here in TX for almost the entire month of April - and I shared my journal quilts with them. Like good parents they ooo'd and aww'd at them and watched the process of my putting the April piece together. My dad was concerned that I was using poems from other authors in conjunction with my work - but I told him I felt ok with it as I gave them credit in each piece as the author - but I can still hear his words in my head... So as I sketched tonight I also started playing with an original poem for my May Journal - and here is what I came up with...
TREE LINESby Pam Patton 4.26.2006DANCING BRANCHES
IN THE BREEZE
A TREE SILHOUETTE
IN FRONT OF ME
AGAINST THE HORIZONOF THE MIDNIGHT SKY
A FREE SPIRIT BLOWINGBEFORE MY EYES
Writing a poem has never been on my radar - but this challenge has made me look at things in a different way and take some risks. As I ramble - you must wonder what my point is here... I could not do my tree silhouette journal until I wrote the poem for it - I just did not know I was capable of it... Thanks Daddy for making me think about this challenge with a different vision. This is yet another standard set that I am not sure I can achieve in months forward - but as with the rest - I will try my best to reach further each month to expand my creativity and horizons... I still try to plan these journals as little as possible and experiment as much as possible - who knew poetry might be on my horizon.....not me for sure...
5 comments:
Applause, applause!! It's a lovely little poem, perfect for what will turn out to be a lovely little piece of art, I'm sure. Isn't it fun to find that creative space within?
Simply beautiful...I can see the trees in my minds eye. I'm so glad you posted your poem...Amazing what these journal pages pull out of us, isn't it! =-)
How exciting that your creative explorations pulled up that lovely poem as well as your great quilts.
Awsome! I love the idea of writing your own poetry to go with your quilting. That is very complete.
Very lovely poem...it will be fun to see what image you put it with for May.
Post a Comment