September 24, 2006

More Landscape PC's

More Landscape postcards... These are my cards for the 4 Seasons Landscape Swap ...

Fall Fields - reminds me of the harvested fields in Ohio where I grew up - I used decorative stitches to simulate the rows in the fields - the bird is a hawk hovering - looking for a daily feast.
A Winters Night - I used leftover batting to give the appearance of a blanket of new snow. The trees are thread painted with iridescence thread to simulate snow sparkling on the branches. The moon as some extra batting underneath to add texture and if you look closely you will see little silver stars twinkling in the sky - attached with fabric-tag to complete the card.
Two more seasons to go in this swap - Spring will be TX Highways - featuring our bluebonnets and Summer will be a beach scene..

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Your postcards are lovely. Looks like you're keeping busy with them.

Granny Fran said...

I sure like your landscape postcards. I look forward to seeing the Spring bluebonnets.