October 08, 2006

August Journal Reveal


Finally - my August Journal is complete and photographed - I really hit a road block with this one - but the outcome is acceptable - actually I like it better now that I have put it away and not looked at it for a few days. The inspirtation for this came from the label on a bottle of Trinity Oaks Wine. It is heavily thread painted in the back ground for texture and definition. The leaves are individually cut from a variety of green fabrics, fused and then thread painted into place with vien details. The poem once again - written by me is as follows:
Woodlands
By Pam Patton

Listen when the trees speak – they have much to say.
As you walk along the hectic path of life – tranquility can be found.
Slow down - admire, breath, reflect…
You will hear the wisdom in your thoughts

4 comments:

Sandra said...

This is very nice. It really made me smile when I saw it. I think it smiled back...! The leaves actually look like hair. Great job!
And your poem is lovely.

Granny Fran said...

I really like this one; it makes me think of a Green Man and I love them. The leaves and threadwork are wonderful. You're getting to be a good poet. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I have liked all of your trees, but this one is my favorite. I like the face in the tree idea and the assorted leaves, especially the polka dot ones. Nice job!

Marianne said...

I like the abundance of all those different leaves and the texture/veins you gave them. Most have been a real job, very well done.
Marianne