December 28, 2006

12.12.4 Challenge - Inspiration

I finally got into blogger this morning thru the back door - have been trying since Monday to get in but no luck - this trick worked... Anyway this is the original pen and ink drawing that my father-in-law did this year for his holiday card - I will use this as my inspiration for my first 12.12 quilt.
My schedule is as follows:
Apr 12th Completion - Landscape - I will use my fil sketch and add some color to it as well as dimension with alternate fabrics, yarns and embellishments - I may also do some painting on the piece - too early to tell as I have not started yet...
Jul 12th Completion - Self Portrait
Oct 12th Completion - TBA
Dec 12th Completion - TBA
I decided not to commit to the last 2 subjects yet as I want to leave the possibilites open - I loved doing my tree journals this year but towards the end I felt somewhat bored with the topic even tho I like my last 2 very much - which I will hopefully be able to post the before the end of the week - as I left them at my BIL house on Monday - finishing the binding and attaching the labels.. Oops.

12.31 update w 12.12.4 dates Sande advised this week on the reminder.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good inspiration, that is a lovely drawing. Jen

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing where you go with this wonderful drawing.

Susan said...

That drawing will be a wonderful piece from which to work. I'll be interested in seeing how you develop the year.