December 16, 2006

12x12x4

Well I just made my commitment to the 12x12x4 Challenge. My topic will be mixed media in an effort to move me more out of my comfort zone and try new things... When this challenge first came up I thought my first piece would be a self portrait - but now I will be doing a landscape. My father-in-law is a pen and ink artist and every year he draws Christmas card - his card this year is a beach scene inspired by his home in the Bayview area of south Texas - he lives there part of the month and is in the Dallas area the remainder. Anyway - for the first challenge I am going to try to re-create his sketch in fabric - etc... Actually I will probably work on 2 at the same time because once he sees it he will want one for himself and I will not want to give mine up. I will post a scan of the inspiration piece soon...

1 comment:

Susan said...

I look forward to seeing the sketch, and what you make from it. I did x4, too. I'm just afraid I don't have 12 in me! LOL!