January 10, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Just a couple things I am working on to show....

This is my 'official' January Journal Quilt for 2007 - it has been WIP since last September when I trash collaged the background together and the center of then sun - It laid on my TV table in my sewing room until Christmas Break... It is machine quilted and I am in the process of embellishing - the yarn is machine couched by free motion zig-zag stitch, the beads are hand sewn.. Deadline 1.31.07


The Third time was the charm - I had this idea about a positive negative journal with a heart in the center for the class I am teaching - I guess I too am opposite disabled like my friend Karen F - as it took 3 times to get the heart right so the positive was negative and the negative was positive.


So here it is WIP - not sure if I really like it or not but since Journal Quilts are about experimenting - I guess this one is a success - I took the opportunity to practice my free motion feathers in the center of the heart - I do like that part - just needs the back and then I can drop it off for my class...

Update from last week's WIP - sucess I say - 2 of the items I posted are completed and posted for viewing - my Spriograph Journal and my Mountain Post Cards - one is shown, but I completed 6 total

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's a fun sun! I like the beading.

Anonymous said...

I like your sun for the CP Studio journal page. It looks happy. Can you explain "trash collage" to me - did you sewing scraps of the same fabric together? Your purple heart is pretty too. I like the thread you used.

Anonymous said...

I love what you're doing for your January journal quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.