February 01, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Look what I got for my birthday - SNOW in Dallas!! - Being an OHIO girl - I am familiar with snow for my personal holiday - but it does not happen often in TX so when it does I feel extra lucky - because snow always makes me smile...
So since it is my own personal holiday- I try to take the day off work so I can have a true "Pam Day"
I did a little sewing - Here is what I did.
My Oh La La cards are done and in the mail I think the end result is sooo cute. I look forward to the others that I will receive in this swap.

From the scraps - 2 postcards like this were born... I played with my new free motion couching foot and some crystals.

And then I thought I better get busy on Valentine Postcards and as I was digging for my heart template from last year - this wonderful pink ribbon emerged from the postcard box - and my traditional heart valentines became shaker cards. You can just barely see the shaker stuff in the photo - but there lots of beads in a variety of pink colors and sizes, pearls, clear beads, sequins and a heart button. I added some funky yarn and they are done - Much easier to do shaker cards with organza ribbon than with the clear plastic I have used previously. Do you see a color trend emerging - OK it was near the top of the laundry basket full of fabric in my very disorganized sewing room and it worked...

Plans for dinner tonight may be on hold as the snow is still falling and starting a slight accumulation - but that's OK I can go out for dinner any day - but snow on your birthday is special!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and happy snow! Wish we would get some here in Virginia. Love your postcards - all of them!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Pam. I love your postcards.