This journal started with randomly pieced scraps of green - I did several years ago and found in my green scrap bag. After I fused it to the base, I couched 2 different yarns in place and then added the green pearl cotton. I really like the effect of the different textures the yarn and pearl cotton add to the background of the journal. At that point I started adding trinkets – all in green. It always amazes me what I find when I look through my stuff with a specific theme in mind – I knew I had the Kermit pin and knew he would be on the piece – but the rest of the stuff just kinda happened – from buttons I rescued from the trash when I worked at County Seat Stores, to trinkets traded with others in various crazy quilt and postcard swaps, to trash to treasure finds from the local craft stores – it all just came together nicely. After the ‘Stuff” was added it still needed something – so I background quilted around the edges – as somewhat of a border…
1 comment:
Oh, how clever!
Post a Comment