Cheap tickets 'forced' us to fly to my sisters in Columbus instead of Dayton as we usually do when the gathering is in Indiana. But that is OK as we love being in Columbus with her and her family just as much. On Wednesday - we went to my parents in Dayton for the day and awhile back my sister mentioned she had seen quilt barns on the way to a scouting event along Rt 36. So we took the long way to my folks much to the distress of my nephews, niece and husband - just so I could see the barns - and I was able to add 5 more to my list. All are in Campaign County Ohio - along Route 36.
Sorry no info readily avaliable on this quilt barn...
Barn Owners: Roderick and Ila Jean Yocom
Quilt Square: "The Hunt"
Sponsor: Champaign Bank
Quilt Square: "Maple Leaf"
Sponsor: Warman Family
Barn Owners: Dow and Bonnie Ward
Quilt Square: "Our Village Green"
Sponsor: Champaign Landmark, Inc
Barn Owners: Bart and Karen Ward
Quilt Square: "The Bacon Patch"
Sponsor: Bart Ward Family & Channell Equipment
The interesting thing to me about these barns is the words on the barns as well - I don't think it has anything to do with the quilt blocks - but the words are something I don't recall seeing on other barns as I have traveled through farm country in Ohio and Indiana - Below are pictures of Barns my 4yr old nephew built that afternoon at my parents house - hmmm and we thought we was watching video's in the back seat while we toured the country side.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Grandma! She does not look 95!
Thanks for sharing the barns. They are very interesting.
YOur family photos are wonderful, thanks for sharing. Those barns are great, also.
Post a Comment