January 13, 2008

More Home Work

I am making samples of covered books, notebooks and photo albums for one of my upcoming classes at the Bernina Store.

I whipped up this little cover yesterday and it is quite striking - I made it out of a sale FQ and some stuff I had around - to cover the calendar I carry in my purse that I bought for $1 back in the fall @ the TARGET Dollar Spot - man do they have some good things every now and then..

And from the leftovers - came this little art quilt I am calling 'Button Grid'. It's only about 4x8" and is the piece I had left over from the cover of the calendar - a quick dig in the button box and the yarn box and this little gem was done. For the border I just zigzagged on some pearl cotton - and I like the simplistic but finished look it gives to the piece.

And now more one the Whole Cloth Stitch Collage... Well I spent a little time adding sequin and beads to the piece this week (flower sequins) and to be honest I don't love them. My friends were here yesterday to sew - and when I asked if it was done - they said no - of course I already knew that or I would not have asked..

So this morning I found some buttons I like in the button box, but they are still in audition mode... I don't love them either - so this is still definitely WIP - and needs to be finished soon... but until then - I will just keep looking at it until something comes to me... The piece will tell me when it's done..

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

All great projects! I love the stitch collage!