February 10, 2008

More Book Cover Art

This weekend I finished up another book cover - it's made from a funky batik and a piece of hand-dyed purple from my friend Kim... It puts a professional finish on a simple composition notebook. The cording is actually plastic canvas yarn - one of my new embellishement obsessions.... I used it with eyelash yarn to outline the purple wave also and a Laural Burch kitty button secures the ties... The pattern is a freebee which I made some modifications to. I am pleased with the outcome - this one is for me!!!



So what do you do with the scraps??? Some people just toss the trimming into the trash and think nothing further of it... Not me - i have trouble throwing things away that might be usable later - so i whipped up these postcards I will be sending off to family memebers this week for valentine's day and the 3rd is a birthday postcard for a dear friend whose special day is later in the month...

No comments: