This is a detail of the quilting - done by our guild member - Kim Proctor who is a breast cancer survivor. Also the label I made using my embroidery machine - quite an accomplishment I might add - using the free embroidery design for the pink ribbon from the Bernina Web site
Next are new class samples - just finished up this week - the first is for my AQWS - Art Quilt Workshop - the class for March is called 'Wild Flowers' and is based on a technique inspired by Henri Matisse - drawing with scissors. My little quilt is a whimsical view of the the daffodils blooming in my yard right now. I also made little samples of a daisy and sunflower. I taught the first session yesterday on Whole Cloth Stitch collage to 9 students - and it was great.
Last but not least - another sample for my book cover art class - which is in 2 weeks - I am not sure this class will make - but if not - I have some great samples to use for myself. This one features simple machine quilting and embroidery designs.
No comments:
Post a Comment