As promised in my previous post - here are my 2 little art quilts started at the same time as the postcards mentioned there. These have different sky and different grass - so the one above is called 3 funky houses - day and the one below is called 3 funky houses -night. I just love them - they are done on fusible fleece and assembled in layers... I fused the background grass and sky - thread painted them and then fused the houses on top. The border is an experiment on a technique demonstrated to me last weekend at my local Bernina Dealer - fused double layers of fabric are decorative stitched to the edge and trimmed with a decorative edge rotary cutter.
And a fish - my small group met yesterday and I worked on the mini quilts above and 2 of my friends worked on these - they made 91 - sewn together, cut and turned - they will be used for an upcoming team building exercise at the school district they work for here in Texas. Their fish will be stuffed - I made mine flat with a double layer of batting - and then thread painted.... A grommet is the eye - now maybe some embellishment???
2 comments:
Your funky houses are cute!
yay art quilts!
Post a Comment