February 13, 2010

Flock o Funky 1 n 2

There are birds everywhere you look right now - so I decided to do some little art quilt birdies. All are creative intrepretations and just plain fun....

#1 - Rockn Robin


Yep this one has a funky yarn worm to put in is belly...

#2 is Hooty Heart -



Hooty's background is an exercise in stitch lenght - all straight stitched but each line is a different stitch lenght between 1.5 and 5 on my machine - I like the outcome...

Interesting side note>>> The background on both is a used color catcher - the salmon one in rockin robin is a rare jewel the dish towels from CostCo had a color fastness issue - but it's ok - look what I got in return. Most of the color catches come out in varying shades of grey...

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, these are so cute!

Crystal Stanworth said...

adorable!