March 18, 2010

Crown-O-Rama

In my last post - I described the creative process taken based on the instructions on the FAT 3-Day Blind Challenge - Day 2 the instructions were simple - cut and add more embellishment if desired....Add Image I decided mine was OK for the time being - and did the cutting only... In the back of my mind I had a feeling we might be making a crown
And I guessed right - below is a crown-o-rama view of my final piece. I used lots of fun and funky embellishments once I knew it was a crown - all crowns have jewels - mine are trinkets and things pulled from the resource in my studio - yes I have a lot of STUFF - but I love it all and love to create things from it... They are all jewels to me.



Embellishments on my crown include.... Funky @ sign paperclips, Scrapbooking Brads - love those little flowers - a broken button - there were going to be 3 of these on the crown but when the 1st one broken as I sewed it on by machine - that was my sign - it was interesting and secure enough to leave the piece there so it stayed - there are also some heat set stones in the center band of the crown. For the center I fused a piece of the fabric I trimmed from the backing for the crown and the upper and lower bands are olive green netting and funky eyelash yarn wrapped together and stitched in place...

Yep that's me wearing my crown - an a glimpse of my studio (you can tell I have been busy this week on this project after work - I need to tidy up a bit).... What a fun - free spirit of the moment project. Thanks to Leilani P for hosting this for our FAT group...


1 comment:

studioGypsy said...

and your piece is sooo gorgeous, pam!! absolutely emeraldy and soo love the trinkets you used as gems!! thx sooo much for playing!!xoxoxo