
I completed this quilt for a charity auction for my dad yesterday - mailing tomorrow. The title is OHIO MEDLEY - because it combines the Ohio Star and Ohio Rose quilt blocks - Machine pieced, hand appliqued, hand embroidered, hand quilted. I used a stem stitch embroidery around the applique - to hide my boo boos... I think it turned out ok - but learned some lessons on striped fabrics in borders - next time I will miter and do the stripe pattern same on all sides and choose a simple quilting pattern that covers the space...
1/22: UPDATE - The quilt raised $125 for the mission trip :)
5 comments:
The applique roses go so well with the star. Makes a very attractive quilt. Did you design the pattern?
Very pretty, Pam! And your quilting really shows up so nicely! Great!
DebbyMc/quiltnbee
AWESOME! I love this quilt! It should auction for a pretty penny!
Linda
Thanks everyone for the nice comments -- I will let you know what it brings. I can't take credit for the pattern - it was inspired by a quilt I saw in Applique Quilt Magazine from 2004 (pg 8) The original had a rouched rose and rose buds on the diagional - since I am from Ohio originally - I decided to combine two 'Ohio' quilt block for my intrepretaion.
Very pretty!!!!!! Wow, your quilting really enhances the design!
Beth
Post a Comment