I am amazed how 'tree' quilts keep finding thier way into my life - the American Quilter magazine arrived this week and a complete article on a gal who makes artsy tree quilts. Although my Jan Journal quilt was completed a while ago - I have added my photo's to Web Shots and included some additional photo's I took of the WIP (work in progress). I have lots of ideas on future Journals -
tree silhouttes
traditional tree quilt blocks
branching out technique - by Freida L Anderson (Spr 2006 American Quilter Magazine pg 56)
And I thought I was just going to threadpaint abstract trees each month. The path of this journey is ever changing and that is good. My creative side needs to continue to evolve and get out my safety zone - that is the main goal for me to join this challenge.
Happy Saturday Everyone.
3 comments:
Serendipity and synchronicity at work again! It is nice when the path is full of new and exciting interpretations of a theme, when ideas and possibilities appear when you need them.
I enjoyed reading about and seeing your process and am looking forward to your next "tree."
It should be interesting to see how something as simple as a tree can change throughout a year. The mind boggles with the possibilities!
I like your "naked" tree for Jan because then you can "dress" it throughout the year!
I think that being creative is the best soul work. The tree as a symbol to work with and the inspiration of the poem should carry you far on your journey this year.
Post a Comment