
And here is my September Journal as well - My husband and I spent a few days in Destin mid Sept and I felt that it was appropriate to do a Palm Tree for September based on that. This piece is free and easy - an image of what I think my life might be like if I lived some where beachy vs the Urban Life I have in the cement city of Dallas. The tree itself was inspired by a quilt done by Margaret Rogerson feature in the October 2006 issue of Quilters Newsletter Magazine in a feature that asked readers to send in quilts inspired by ‘Summer Vacations'.
No poem this month as I have really struggled with what to say – but a quote instead…
Look at the reflection of your leaves on your favorite pond.
From a Dove Dark Promise – my favorite kind of chocolate… yum yum Seems appropriate for this piece since the beach is a place I go to relax and renew my spirit.
Look at the reflection of your leaves on your favorite pond.
From a Dove Dark Promise – my favorite kind of chocolate… yum yum Seems appropriate for this piece since the beach is a place I go to relax and renew my spirit.
4 comments:
I live in the land of Palm Trees and you have done this one Justice! It looks funky and fun!
I love your face in the tree one too.
This one also is very fun to see. Being in the north I rarely see palm trees, but I like them. You did a very nice job on it and the water around it is so fitting!
Pam, I am catching up reading your blog. I love all of your recent journal pieces. Your postcards are great too.
Palm trees are magical to me coming from Colorado where we don't have them. I really like what you did with the trunk, looks so rough, just like a real one.
I've been thinking of you when out taking photos of the gnarled juniper trees around here. Wish you could come see them.
Post a Comment