January 21, 2007

WIP Oh La La Post Cards

A couple weeks ago I posted some current WIP and one of them was my Oh La La Post Cards due for as swap the end of Janurary. Even tho I had a basic pattern I must admit I was hesitant about making them - I can usually see the end result before I start one on my post cards - but these were different - I was using a pattern from McCall's Magazine - usually I just use scraps I have from other projects. Today I spent the afternoon working on these little beauties and the outcome is good - they are still WIP as I have to design and attach the back - but I have a busy week ahead so it will probably be the weekend before I complete them or am able to post again for that manner. Here are some step by step pictures of how these little beauties came to be...

The Pieces

The Bustline

I gave them some extra padding in the bust line to give them some realistic shape


Assembled

Checking the Size

Pretty Maids all in a Row


On the background

With Decorative Stitching

With Gemstones Added

Just waiting for the backing - I will post a picture again when they are complete...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are too much fun! Can't wait to see them completed.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Deb Geyer said...

Cool!!

Debra Dixon said...

Very Cute!

Jo Raines said...

I love these! How creative! Are we allowed to 'borrow' your idea?!

Suzanne Earley said...

So very cute!