February 11, 2007

Lauren's Quilt ~ Tulip Garden

I am happy to say I can officially cross a UFO off my list this year. This quilt started as a block swap with some girls I work with. Each of us selected the block of our choice and colors of choice and each month we made blocks for each other. I choose the tulip block and purple for the main color.

I choose a 4P setting w sashing for the tulips and as one of my stitchin friends pointed out yesterday it makes some great alternate blocks...

The string pieced border is leftover blocks from another quilt I made several years ago and they just seemed to work nicely here.

The quilting was done by Anne Bartholet - a member of my guild and owner of Flamingo Quilting & Design. The pattern is called Angel Wings - but it reminded me of butterflies so it was a natural choice for this quilt.

My label is simple but I like it - I struggled for a couple hours this morning with my embroidery software - designing a great label for the quilt - and when I downloaded it to my machine - the words had disappeared AUGH!! - so I thread painted the tulip and hand wrote the information - and I like it very much. Who needs an embroidery module on their machine anyway??

So here is Lauren - my niece on her quilt - she shares my BD so it is fitting that she gets a quilt made from Tulip Blocks - my favorite Flower and Purple - my favorite color. I hope it keeps her warm at night, makes her feel better when she is sick and most of all feels the love around her it takes to make a quilt when she is wrapped up in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty quilt!