February 11, 2007

Round Robin

In Jan 2006 - my small group - the Material Girls - decided we wanted to do a Round Robin in 2007 - so in January we had our center blocks ready and passed them on to the first border adder. This is Chrissy with her very bright block. I get to add the first border and it needs to be done in a month -March 10th...

My first thoughts were something with a black and white check - but now that it has hung on my design wall for a couple weeks I am not sure... Any suggestions or words of wisdom from you out there...

Sorry the dramatic florals made it into the picture also - they are hanging there for inspiration - I bought a book about embellishing large floral prints and these are calling me - but no time right now... Soon I hope

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

The small b/w check seems to get lost in relation to the size and boldness of the colors in the block. I like the other fabric better. If you want to do a b/w then I would suggest do a checkerboard with the pieces no biger than 1". Just my 2 cents worth. BTW, I belong to a mini group called the Material Girls. Our Feb meeting is tonight and we are having a silent auction.

Debra Dixon said...

I actually like the black fabric with the rose!