December 01, 2007

Interactive Journals

On Monday DAFA - the fiber arts group I belong to in Dallas had a mini workshop before the meeting. Member Deborah Boschert shared her 'Interactive Journals' with us. I arrived late so I was not able to finish mine until this morning - I am in LOVE with it... She offered kits to us and we assembled the journals based on her instructions. There are beautiful decorative papers, inspiring words and lots of creative details and trinkets included to inspire your creativity.
Here are a few pictures...

This is the cover - I secured the raw edge fabric tie with some random straight stitches and sewed the buttons on by machine.

Just one of the inside pages - I added some rubber stamping for my own personal touch.

One of the pages includes a pocket for an inspirational message to yourself - I love Dove Dark Chocolate and the little messages you find inside the wrapper - I choose 2 favorites and glued them to a scrap of pretty paper and hid them inside the pocket.

This was a great workshop followed by her great program 76 Ways to Jump Start your creativity. I would recommend this for any quilt guild or fiber arts group. And I can't wait to make some more of these beauties...

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

lovelovelove it! Brilliant. I am so happy to see pictures of the finished journal. Great job. Thanks so much for your generous compliments. I really appreciate it.